Monday, May 26, 2008

My Market Bag

If it can hold Nibbler this bag should be able to hold anything, right? I've been working on this for the past couple weeks using this free pattern from Lion Brand. I feel like I've been spoilt by amigurumi lately and now anything that takes more than three hours to make feels like forever...Really, two weeks to make a market bag probably isn't that long and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I messed up a bit in the rows that decrease towards the strap and had to compensate by making the strap a little longer than the pattern suggests. I take full credit for the mistakes though. The pattern is quite simple and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to make a first attempt at bag making.

The wool I used was Lion Brand microspun in Lavender and Lilac. It's probably a bit expensive for something you're going to tote around to the market, but I'd already bought it months ago because I liked the feel and the colours. Besides, it's unlikely my bag will ever actually make it to the market. My intention was to make something that I could carry crochet projects around in. And yes, truth be told, I already have two other bags for that purpose, but somehow they've found themselves stuffed full of wool I've bought for future projects so it was time for another project bag.


The less exciting empty shot of the bag so you can see the shape of it. The whole thing is made with double crochet stitches and then has a row of single crochet trim around the edge.

No comments: