Friday, June 27, 2008

Ninjin Oni (Carrot Monster)! Cute Thing of the Week!

pureEva says on her flickr page that she isn't sharing the patterns for her amigurumis, but I still wanted to feature this adorable oni. If you click on the photo to enlarge it you can see there's some fairly elaborate stitching on the tummy. I also really like the technique she used on the spines, which look like she has chain stitched around them in a slightly darker colour. Adorable, and it gives me some new techniques to try on future amigurumis.

You can view more pictures of this critter, its blue companion and pureEva's other unique and unusual creatures in her Amigurumi flickr set.

2 comments:

Geek Central Station said...

Aww, that's adorable! It's a shame she isn't sharing or selling the pattern, it looks like she found a really interesting way to do the tummy. I also looked through her etsy "sold" page, and she had a purple one too! He was really cute, but then I'm a sucker for blue/purple things. Great find!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I had no idea new people were still finding my work :) It's very flattering, especially after having been absent from the craft scene for over a year and half now. I'd very much like to get back into it, but impending big life changes have left me with precious little free time :(

FYI - at the behest of my boyfriend I started making some new Onis and was planning on selling the pattern. I still plan on doing this, though I don't know when I'll have the time to finish. If I do put the pattern out you'll be sure to see it on my Etsy page.

Thanks!