Thursday, March 25, 2010

Leaf on the Wind Cross Stitch

This is the Firefly cross stitch that I made for the boyfriend. The quote is from the amazing Leaf on the Wind song by the Bedlam Bards. If you're a Browncoat and you're not familiar with them I highly recommend checking out their On the Drift album, which is all music about and inspired by Firefly. And if you don't feel like doing that, at least click the link and hear their song about Wash because I love it and it makes me sad and happy every time I hear it.

So that's where the quote comes from. The leaf design came from Better Homes and Gardens 2001 Cross Stitch Designs although I switched the colours from shades of green to shades of orange. I also used some silver Kreinik to make stars around Zoe. They look better in person than in the photo. In hindsight I wish I'd placed Zoe a bit further away from the lettering, but the boyfriend was really happy with how this turned out, so I'm not complaining too much.

Want the Pattern?

Check under the My Free Patterns heading in the left sidebar to see all my Firefly character cross stitch patterns.

No comments: